My Photo
Name:
Location: Meridian, ID, United States
| Email me



Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox! Get Thunderbird!



3.28.2005

A response.

I received a response from the Winchester, KY mayor's office. Here it is in its entirety:

I did not release any statement on this issue. The original rumor which we
all heard locally and supposedly is incorrect was that CNN bailed out Mr.
Poole. I have not investigated this matter one way or the other.

Dodd


It comes as no surprise to me that rumors about Mr. Poole would be running rampant. Here's the latest one: he is out on bail and has skipped town. I attempted to call the Clark County jail only to get a sleepy woman with a nice, Kentucky drawl.

Sleepy woman: "Hello?"
Me: "Yes, is this the Clark County jail?"
SW: "No, it isn't."
Me: "Interesting."
SW: "What number'd you call?" I gave her the number.
SW: "Well, that's us, but we aren't the county jail."
Me: "That's odd because that's the number they have listed in the White Pages. I'm terribly sorry. Thank you."
SW: "No problem. Bye."

So, not only does the White Pages have the number for the jail listed incorrectly, but the Winchester, KY police department (who I called initially) doesn't have the correct number to their own jail! And I thought all the jokes about Kentucky were just distorted misconceptions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Harper said...

I don't know much about this case, but I liked the Kentucky jokes :)

Kentucky's a beautiful state, but I think there's a grain of truth to the stereotypes (which is true of any place). I haven't been in Washington long enough to get a handle on local stereotypes. Moved here from California; unfortunately most of the California stereotypes are true.

1:37 PM

 
Blogger Aaron Bynum said...

I have heard that Kentucky is a beautiful state. However, I'm not familiar with any of the Washington stereotypes. Califronia...don't get me started.

9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home