My Photo
Name:
Location: Meridian, ID, United States
| Email me



Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox! Get Thunderbird!



2.13.2005

Steaming piles of software...

Some genius (second and/or fifth one) had the idea that theft, deceit, and pushing hellish products on unsuspecting customers was a good business model. No, I'm not talking about Microsoft, although the thought did cross my mind.

I'm referring to those hell-spawned pieces of steaming software that are collectively known as spyware. I noticed that my computer was running a little sluggish and decided to investigate. After installing Ad-aware, I ran it and discovered that my computer had indeed been infected with no fewer than 400 malicious applications, temporary internet files, and registry keys. I was dumbfounded. "How could my computer become infected," I thought to myself (and said none too quietly to my wife). I have literally laughed in the face of spyware and thought my computer to be immune. Afterall, I have a firewall, anti-spyware software, and anti-virus software installed. Plus, I don't click on links that say "Need a boost? Click here to enhance your manhood."

What went wrong? I let my guard down. Don't let it happen to you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that without some of the information you have, would my computer be filled with spyware. I'm always looking for more information about detecting spyware and I have bookmarked your blog among the must visit resources!

Keep the good work up!
More info about detecting spyware here.

5:56 PM

 
Blogger David Ogden said...

I have am interested in software development and have recently found in updated information about software development here.

keep the link going

10:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home