My Photo
Name:
Location: Meridian, ID, United States
| Email me



Powered by Blogger

Get Firefox! Get Thunderbird!



2.09.2005

Battle of the mediocre...

Firefox. The hip (adjective, not noun) replacement for Internet Explorer (you Windows folks don't get a link because you already have it; you Linux people, well, you know). The bastion of 'net nerds everywhere...

and the most inconsistent browsing experience I've had in recent memory. I understand that it is in v. 1.0 and that things aren't going to be perfect. Website content shouldn't, however, just stop working from one day to the next. This has happened to me too many times to just be a fluke. The solution I have found to work is...

Uninstall Firefox. Uninstall Macromedia Flash 7.0. Reinstall Firefox. Reinstall Macromedia Flash 7.0.

All of this just to visit IGN? Considering the alternative, I think it's worth putting up with some inconsistencies and an occasional browser reinstall instead of putting up with the travesty that is IE. That is, until something better comes along...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home